Event Terms and Conditions
This document contains the following terms, conditions, and agreement as it relates to events hosted or broadcast by Peak Prosperity:
- Terms and Conditions of Service
- Content Disclaimer
- Video and Audio Recording Consent and Release
- Attendee Participation Rules
- Refund Policy
- Limitation of Liability, Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement
- General Terms and Agreement
Acknowledgement of Agreement
By attending any event hosted or broadcast by Peak Prosperity, you represent that you have fully read, understood and agreed to all of the provisions set forth below. If you cannot or will not make that representation, do not purchase a ticket or attend the event.
- “Attendee”, “You” and “Your” refer to you, the person attending a Peak Prosperity event or accessing this website and accepting the Peak Prosperity’s terms and conditions, and to any minor child under your supervision.
- “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refer to Peak Prosperity, its directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, as well as the sponsors, speakers, vendors and volunteers participating in any event hosted or broadcast by Peak Prosperity.
- “Party”, “Parties” or “Us”, refer to both the Attendee and the Company, or either the Attendee or the Company, as the context requires.
- All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration paid in connection with any event event to be held by Peak Prosperity.
- “In Person Event” refers to any event hosted where individuals congregate together in a specified physical location.
- “Virtual Event” refers to any event hosted online where individuals do not congregate together in a specified physical location.
Disclaimer: Content Presented and Accepted “AS IS”
The content presented at Peak Prosperity events is provided on an “AS IS” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Peak Prosperity:
- Shall not be liable for the accuracy of the content or for information which is or may be provided by any other third party; and
- Shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your use of knowledge gained during this event. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, and whether or not you have advised Peak Prosperity of the possibility of such potential loss), and any other direct or indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages.
Chris Martenson, nor any employees or contractors of Peak Prosperity, are financial or medical professionals. Furthermore, any financial or medical professionals that may speak at events are giving individual advice. None of the information shared should be considered personal financial or medical advice. You are responsible for performing your own research and due diligence regarding personal medical or financial matters.
In an effort to protect the privacy and confidentiality of event participants, Peak Prosperity events are private events and not “open to the public.” No media outlets or media representatives will be allowed to attend, record, or report on the event without the express written consent and approval by Peak Prosperity management. Any such violation will result in expulsion (whether that media representative is a ticket holder or not). Peak Prosperity may also pursue legal action and seek monetary awards for violation of attendee right to privacy.
Video and Audio Recording Consent and Release
In consideration of Peak Prosperity allowing my attendance (and the attendance of my child/ward) at the event, and by my attending the event, I hereby authorize the Company (and/or Company-approved media) to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs, video and audio recordings that may pertain to me (or my minor child/ward) — including my (or my child/ward’s) image, likeness and/or voice, without compensation. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, and electronic media such as radio, television, podcasts, websites, social media and email. I hereby release all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material.
Attendee Participation Rules at Events Held In-Person at Honey Badger Farm
For events held at Chris Martenson’s private property referred to as Honey Badger Farm in Chester, Massachusetts, the following rules must be observed:
- Reckless behavior is prohibited.
- Profanity is prohibited.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted on the property.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Parking is only allowed in designated areas.
An Attendee’s violation of these rules may result in expulsion of the Attendee and those persons accompanying Attendee from the property by Peak Prosperity staff. In case of a conflict between rules established by Peak Prosperity, the stricter of the rules will be applied. In the case of expulsion for a rule violation, no refund will be given.
Peak Prosperity may not refund any payment by Attendee for admission to an event unless the entire event is canceled for reasons under the control of Peak Prosperity, or unless a decision to do so is made by Peak Prosperity, at its sole discretion, for extenuating circumstances. Peak Prosperity reserves the right to cancel the event at any time for any reason. Peak Prosperity reserves the right to have sole discretion over whether or not to issue refunds due to “acts of God”, including but not limited to weather related events, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, rain, pandemics, fuel shortages, acts of war, government mandates, etc. If you cannot or choose not to attend, for any reason, at any time, Peak Prosperity may not refund payment. However, you can transfer your ticket to a third party. Peak Prosperity is not responsible for cancellations or non-appearances by speakers, vendors or exhibitors, and no refund will be given on account thereof.
Limitation of Liability, Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement for Events
- Attendance at any Peak Prosperity event activity signifies my understanding and agreement to the terms set forth below.
- I acknowledge that participating in the event may involve physical activity and present a risk of death, serious injury and property loss. The risks may include, without limitation, (a) acts or omissions of the Company, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors; (b) acts or omissions of other people, including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, event sponsors, speakers, vendors and exhibitors; (c) weather; (d) natural conditions and hazards; (e) lack of hydration or food; (f) contact with other participants at the event; (g) farm equipment; and (h) contact with livestock or wild animals.
- I hereby assume all of risks of participating in the event.
- I represent that I am physically fit for participation in the event.
- I agree to abide by any decision of the organizers and event hosts to any aspect of my participation in this event, including their decision to suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever.
- By attending any in-person event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to any disease, including COVID-19, and agree not to hold Peak Prosperity or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during an in-person event hosted by Peak Prosperity, with the full understanding and agreement that Peak Prosperity undertakes to provide such treatment.
- I acknowledge that this Limitation of Liability, Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement will be relied upon by Peak Prosperity, and that Peak Prosperity would not sell me an admission ticket or allow me on the premises where the event is being held without my acceptance of this Limitation of Liability, Waiver, Release and Indemnification Agreement.
- In consideration of Peak Prosperity selling me an admission ticket and permitting me to participate in the Honey Badger Gathering event, for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I hereby:
- (a) Waive, release, and discharge Peak Prosperity, their respective directors, officers, employee, agents and independent contractor, and all sponsors, vendors, speakers, exhibitors and volunteers, from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur in connection with me attending and participating in the event, including traveling to and from the event;
- (b) Indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this section from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my acts or omissions during the event.
General Terms and Agreement
- By attending the event, you agree and consent to the terms and conditions stated herein. If any of these terms are determined to be invalid or unenforceable by final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction for any reason (including, but not limited to, the exclusions and limitations set forth above), then the invalid or unenforceable terms will be severed from the remaining terms, which shall will continue to apply.
- Peak Prosperity’s failure to enforce any provisions of the foregoing agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions or any other provision, and shall not affect the validity of these terms and conditions or the right to enforce each and every provision.
- Sole and exclusive venue for any action brought in connection with the agreements contained herein or Attendee’s participation in the event shall be in the courts having jurisdiction within Chester, Massachusetts.
- You may have statutory rights as a consumer that are not affected by this agreement.